Zhe Jiang Homepage
Department of Computer Science
University of Alabama
Email: zjiang(at)cs.ua.edu Phone: (205) 348-5243
Office: Cyber Hall 3054 Mail: Box 870290, Tuscaloosa, AL, 35487
Dr. Jiang joined the faculty in computer science at the University of Alabama in 2016. Before that, he received Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Minnesota, and B.E. in Electrical Engineering and Information Science from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
Data mining, machine learning, deep learning, spatiotemporal data mining, interpretability, interdisciplinary applications in earth science, transportation, public health, etc.
Our lab is looking for outstanding Ph.D. students to join in Spring 2021 and Fall 2021! We also welcome visiting students and scholars. Please click this link.
- [SPC] 11/7/2020: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve as a senior PC member for the IJCAI 2021.
- [Paper] 11/7/2020: Two papers were accepted in IEEE Big Data Conference.
- [Award] 9/30/2020: Dr. Jiang received a new award as a co-PI from NOAA National Water Center (sub-awarded from the University of Maryland). His research task is about deep learning methods to analyze Radar big data.
- [Award] 8/31/2020: We received a new award from NOAA National Water Center (sub-awarded through the University of Maryland) (Year 1: $142K). This project aims to deploy our hidden Markov tree algorithms (KDD'18 and KDD'19) as an interative GIS tool for flood inundation mapping at the National Water Center. Thanks to NOAA!
- [Paper] 8/20/2020: A new paper is being accepted by the ICDM 2020 conference!
- [Award] 8/20/2020: We received a new award from NSF IIS Core Small Program ($500K). Many thanks to NSF!
- [Award] 8/15/2020: We received a new award from NSF CNS Smart and Connected Communities (SC&C) program ($150K in total). Thanks to NSF!
- [Paper] 7/31/2020: One journal paper was accepted by IEEE TKDE. Congratulations to Wenchong. One conference paper was accepted by ACM CIKM.
- [Paper] 6/24/2020: One conference paper was accepted by KDD 2020, one journal paper was accepted by IEEE TKDE and another journal accepted by International Journal of Remote Sensing.
- [Award] 4/30/2020: Dr. Jiang received a one-year grant from US Geological Survey to deploy the group's hidden Markov tree algorithm (published in KDD'18,'19) in real-world flood disaster response platform.
- [Paper] 4/15/2020: A journal paper was published by IEEE Access on spatial structured prediction. link
- [PC] 1/30/2020: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve in the program committee of IJCAI and KDD 2020.
- [Education] 1/24/2020: Dr. Jiang gave a lecture on "Introduction to Machine Learning and AI" to high school students in Alabama School of Fine Arts in Birmingham (one of the top high schools in Alabama).
- [PC] 11/18/2019: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve in the program committee of ICML 2020.
- [Paper] 11/18/2019: A new paper was accepted to AAAI 2020. Congratulations to Arpan and Wenchong!
- [Award] 10/16/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang received an award (as Co-PI) from Camgian Microsystems Company for AI and Deep Learning research. The award amount is $600K with his share $160K.
- [Source Codes] 9/23/2019: We have released the source codes for KDD 2019 paper in Github. Please follow this link. Special thanks to Arpan for putting things together on Github!
- [Paper] 9/5/2019: Our paper "Mapping Road Safety Features from Streetview Imagery: A Deep Learning Approach" is accepted for publication in the Special Issue on Urban Computing and Smart Cities, ACM Transactions on Data Science.
- [Award] 9/2/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang received an extended grant as Co-PI from UCAR under the Department of Commerce. The project topic is "Center for Remote Sensing of Snow and Soil Moisture Measurements".
- [Co-chair] 8/10/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang will serve as the Publicity Co-chair for the ACM SIGSPATIAL Conference 2020 in Beijing, China.
- [Award] 7/30/2019: Dr. Jiang received the NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) award! The project topic is "Disciplinary Knowledge Guided Big Spatial Structured Models for Geoscience Applications".
- [PC] 7/30/2019: Dr. Jiang will serve in the program committee for AAAI 2020.
"Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain!"